201 Burkesville Street
Mail: P.O. Box 116, Columbia, KY 42728
Mon. Tues. Thurs. Friday
8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon;
12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Closed on Wednesday
To promote and enhance the commercial, industrial, agricultural, civic and cultural well-being of Columbia-Adair County. Members pride themselves upon being part of one of the most exciting and influential business organizations in the Commonwealth. The Chamber deals with key issues facing Columbia and Adair County through an extensive committee structure, in which members give their valuable time to be actively involved on a committee. They belong to the Chamber because they believe in the Chamber’s mission and goals.Chamber members represent new and existing businesses, organizations, or interested individuals and there is strength in this because the Chamber is a true voice of the community. The Chamber Board meets the second Tuesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. The Chamber monthly meeting follows at 11:45 a.m.
Please join us at our next meeting.
Contact us at 270-384-6020 for additional information, location, questions or suggestions.
A Chamber of Commerce is an action agency designed to meet community needs. It is a volunteer organization of individuals and businesses that band together to advance the commercial, financial, industrial and civic interest of the community. It is a civic clearinghouse, a public relations counselor, a legislative representative, an information bureau and a research and promotion medium.
The organization is run by a Board of Directors. The Board, serving without compensation, sets the policies for the Chamber. The administrative head of the Chamber is the President, elected by the board.
- Promote business and community growth and development by sponsoring economic programs which are designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all businesses within the city of Columbia and Adair County.
- Support communication among businesses as well as to and from state and national chambers with respect to common opportunities and issues.
- Work with and support efforts of agriculture agencies and groups within the county that support the expansion and diversification of agriculture products and marketing.
- Provide opportunities within the chamber that create an atmosphere for networking, leadership and outreach for chamber members.
- Promote cooperative efforts between business and education and continue to promote improvement of the community’s public education.
- Promote and improve understating of the health care system in our community and its importance as an economic asset.
- Assist the Columbia-Adair County Economic Development Authority, where appropriate, in recruitment to develop a positive jobs climate in the community.
- Recruit and maintain an active membership base that provides needed resources for undertaking a program of work that meets the needs of our community.
- Assist the Columbia-Adair County Tourism Commission, where appropriate, in promoting our city and county, attracting tourism to our area and stressing the importance of tourism as an economic asset.
- Promote public policy development relative to issues of importance to the county and city and encourage unity of purpose of public organizations in guiding the future development of Columbia and Adair County.
Why Join ?
- If you are interested in helping assure that the future of Columbia-Adair County is based on informed choices, not just a matter of chance…You need to be a Chamber member.
- If you would like information on how to help your business grow…You need to be a Chamber member.
- If you have ever wanted to be in a network of others who refer customers to you…You need to be a Chamber member.
- If you have concerns about the economic future of our community…You need to be a Chamber member.
- If you would like to be part of a group that will listen to your ideas about how our community can become a better place…You need to be a Chamber member.
Membership in the Chamber of Commerce is an investment, not only for your business, but for your community.
You need the Chamber and the Chamber needs you. Dues are based on membership classification and the size of your business.